Skip to main content

Pin Your Ears Back


Is a term I heard from my friend, Craig, at a rubgy (aka footy) game a couple of weeks ago. There was a player struggling to plunge his body forward towards his goal line. I inquired what this loud sportsmanship request meant because I couldn’t work it out. To much of Craig’s surprise, I had no idea what this phrase meant and I was unsure about the context just as I am unsure how many rugby players can be on the field at once. So, he simply explained that “Pin Your Ears Back” when and when not screamed by a proud but disappointed fan simply means “Just go for it.” I laughed and thought to myself “that is my next blog entry.”


Gold Coast. Love little Alex in the corner.


Rafting down the Barron River.

Hunter Valley Winery Tour

 The reason this statement resonated with me so much is because it is true. We MUST go for it. We must throw the fear to the side and dive, cannonball or pencil jump into the cold deep end. We must thrust ourselves forward, meet strangers, take leaps of faith, do what scares us, say yes instead of no, listen and act with an open heart and try new things.  We MUST follow our dreams. We MUST be open to trying, to getting hurt, to failing, to falling, to living to succeeding. There is not enough time in our lives to say no because of fear of failure or the unknown. This whole world is unknown. It doesn’t mean we say no to getting out of bed everyday. So, I say, when you get up in the morning do one thing that scares you and do it with your ears pinned back.




Barron River

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this site.Its play swimming pool.This game very nice.adventure sport nq.adventure sport nq.The water in swimming very fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cricket, not the insect, the game

Remember when you were younger sitting in math class chewing on the end of your eraser watching the slow moving clock tic while swimming around in your head about all the practical jokes you’re going to play on your friends? Well, you can have this feeling again if you go to a cricket match. OR you can do what I did and people watch, learn enough about the game, listen to people call cops WANKA’s, talk to girls from Sydney and read the newspaper. You have three options for match lengths: 3 hours, 9 hours or 5 days.   I went to the 9 hour match and quickly checked cricket off of my bucket list. I’m partially joking, but only partially. Here is the thing. Cricket is like baseball but slower. It is a game that is introduced to little vegimites at a young age, played at BBQ’s and covered widely on the news. It is played at a similar open aired stadium and the seats sell out fairly quickly. One big difference: there is only one kind of beer sold at a cricket matc
The blog is born: JESSTRALIA Apart from the obvious clever combination of words, you should know that the inspiration came from the local pronunciation of the country I now reside, ‘stralia.  The purpose of this blog is to track my adventure, publish the beauty of Australia, tap into a new creative outlet, keep connected and share my experiences with family and friends. I am expecting this blog to include shout-outs, quotes, photos, experience summaries, personal insights, Australian goodies and interesting information! Many of you witnessed the chaotic transition that was me moving to Australia. It was a time sprinkled with Austin outings, wine, cries, anxieties, hugs, sales, smiles and “see ya laters” instead of “goodbyes”. Words are a sorry excuse for the gratitude my heart explodes with for all of yall's support, encouragement, ears, love and help getting ready to leave.